The London Marathon 2023 took place on the 23rd of April. Once again, African runners demonstrated their outstanding athletic performance, dominating the top spots of the men's and women's events. Kenyan athlete Kelvin Kiptum took first place and became the second-fastest marathon runner with a time of 2:01:25, nearly catching up to Kipchoge. Sifan Hassan took first place on the women's side after a shaky run. The top five in men's and women's races were rounded off with Kenyans and Ethiopians.
As a brand inspired by the African continent and Kenyan runners, we congratulate these exceptional athletes and their determination and resilience. Their success is a reminder of the potential and strength that lies in Africa.
At Enda, we create our shoes with insights from elite Kenyan runners. We believe in creating comfortable and durable shoes adaptable to different terrains and weather conditions. We couldn't be more proud to have crafted running shoes with athletes that dominate their field that helps bring such success to fruition.
Once again, congratulations to the winners of the London Marathon 2023 and to every participant who pushed through the grueling challenge of the event.
Top 5 Women
1. HASSAN, Sifan (NED) - 2:18:33
2. MEGERTU, Alemu (ETH) - 2:18:37
3. JEPCHIRCHIR, Peres (KEN) - 2:18:38
4. CHEPKIRUI, Shelia (KEN) - 2:18:51
5. YEHUALAW, Yalemzerf (ETH) - 2:18:53
Top 5 Men
1. KIPTUM, Kelvin (KEN) - 2:01:25
2. KAMWOROR, Geoffrey (KEN) - 2:04:23
3. TOLA, Tamirat (ETH) - 2:04:59
4. GEBRESILASE, Leul (ETH) - 2:05:45
5. TURA, Seifu (ETH) - 2:06:38