Community Support & Marketing Associate
About Us: ‘Enda’ is a Swahili word that means ‘go!’. We are an athletic footwear and apparel brand and production company building on, and contributing to, Kenya’s reputation as the world champion of distance running. Working with world class designers, developers and Kenyan athletes, we create performance running shoes that capture the skills and experience of Kenyan athletes.
Through Kenyan production, global sales, and persistent storytelling, Enda provides a means through which runners globally can connect to Kenyan running greatness. We are also contributing a portion of our sales to support local causes in Kenya, thus spreading the benefits of the running industry to people in Kenya.
About the role: This is an exciting opportunity for professionals who want to use their skills to help build a startup social enterprise, or gain experience in social entrepreneurship, corporate responsibility, business management or manufacturing. Enda offers a great opportunity for hands-on learning, including being at the front seat of a local Kenyan company that’s going global.
As with any startup, the daily work that needs to be done can change quickly and on a day to day basis. But we know at least initially, the Associate will be responsible for:
- Communicating with customers to ensure they’re confident in placing an order, and resolve any issues with their shipment.
- Respond to incoming customer inquiries on email, social media, and over the phone.
- Periodically post on social media and respond to customer questions through social media channels.
- Coordinate with fulfilment centers to ensure timely shipment of Enda products and processing of returns and exchanges.
- Help track inventory including wholesale orders, returns, exchanges, and new inventory.
- Contribute to marketing and social media strategies and their implementation.
- Critical administrative, operational and logistical errands in Nairobi.
- Any other tasks as required by management.
About You: We’re looking for you if you have:
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a professional work environment.
- Excellent communication in English, particularly written. Knowledge of Swahili is an added advantage.
- Self-driven individual, with a track record of being proactive and delivering results.
- Strong commitment to make a positive change in the world.
- Right to work in Kenya.
Hours: This position will have a Thursday to Monday work week, from 6 pm to 2 am Eastern Africa time.
To Apply: Applications for this role are now closed